Choose, Then Act!
“Choice” is my new mantra. I have written a number of articles on the subject – some on this blog (here and here) and one on a blog called The Positive Imperative. And it’s the central subject of one of the books I’m writing (the follow up to What’s Your Expiry Date?) which will be released later this year.
I just finished writing a blog entry called “Oprah’s Big Mistake“. In the article, which revolves around Oprah Winfrey’s weight gain, I offered the following words of advice: “It’s all a choice.” (Please read the article before you unleash your pro-Oprah fury on me!)
And I truly believe that! I believe that we need to choose the life we want to live. I believe that the path to the life you want comes from choices that you make moment to moment, day to day. And I believe that we have to start making those choices right now.
So I’ve decided to put this theory to the test!
Right now, I weigh more than I’d like to. Since I’m a tall person with a big frame, I carry my weight well and I don’t really consider it an issue. But deep down, I would like to be leaner and more fit. If I’m really honest with myself, I will admit that if I were truly choosing the life I want, I wouldn’t choose to weigh this much.
So I’m going to put my skills to the test.
- I’m a Certified Master Coach and I empower people to achieve incredible results.
- I’m a powerful motivational speaker and author and I specialize in personal and corporate transformation.
- And most importantly, I know the power of taking responsibility for your own life and the power of making a choice to pilot your own life.
So… here we go.
Today, January 18th 2009, I weigh 218.5 lbs and have a body fat percentage of 26%
I am making the choice to get myself down to 195 lbs and 17% body fat.
I’m not putting a timeline on this, I’m just going to be consistent with my choices and let it take as long as it takes. I’m in no hurry.
My plan? I plan to use all of the different approaches with which I’ve had some success in the past.
- Choosing alkalizing foods
- Proper hydration
- Push-ups (I’m using the hundredpushups.com program)
- Sit-ups (I’m using the twohundredsitups.com program)
- AND YOU! I’m going to be reporting on my progress via Twitter and Facebook, so if you would like to see how I’m doing and offer encouragement – then please follow me on Twitter or become my friend on Facebook.
One of the reasons that I can speak so confidently about the Power of Mortality™ is that I live it on a daily basis. I want to bring this same resolve to the topic of choosing the life you want. Making a choice is the first step. Acting on it is where things really start to happen!